Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Shiplapped Wood Texture Winter - Stampin' Up! Seasonal Layers Thinlets

  I don't know if I would call this getting a really early start on Christmas cards or that I'm procrastinating doing some business-y type things that definitely aren't as much fun as playing with new products.  It's probably a bit of both!

  I have been working on making some little projects using the new Wood Textures DSP stack that will be available soon.  I had to cut a bunch of sheets down and had a nice little pile of scraps when I was finished.  And we know I have to save these little scraps!  And seeing these little wood textured scraps it made me think of those cool Pinterest projects out there with shiplapping and wood pallet projects.  So I made a little background with all those scraps.


  The scraps are adhered to a piece of Whisper White cardstock and I varied the length of each making sure the seams didn't line up with each other.  I learned that last year when we laid some hardwood floors in our house!  Next, I trimmed the edges down so the panel was nice and even all around.  

  I used some of the new 1/2" finely woven ribbon in the new In Color Tranquil Tide to go around the wood panel.  Then I added a slightly larger panel of Whisper White behind the wood and mounted it all onto a Tranquil Tide card base.

  To turn this one into a winter or Christmas card I used the awesome Seasonal Layers Thinlets and cut out 3 Whisper White snowflakes and adhered them down using the fine tip glue.  I added rhinestones to the centers of each snowflake.  

  I still have a lot of these scraps left so I think I'll be making a bunch of backgrounds to use on more cards.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: none 

Ink: none

Paper: Tranquil Tide*, Whisper White, Wood Textures DSP stack*

Accessories: Tranquil Tide finely woven ribbon*, Seasonal Layers Thinlets*, rhinestones

*Items will be available June 1 in the 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! annual catalog



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!